To meet criteria to receive a medical cannabis card you need one or more of the following as well as documentation from your provider:
- Wasting syndrome
- Chronic or severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Steps to Obtaining Medical Cannabis Card
1. For a fast and easy process we recommend that you obtain your medical records from your doctor and Register with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC). If you have NOT registered with the MMCC, we can help you register and obtain your Patient ID Number. For your first visit with us, you will want to bring your Medical History/Records, Pill bottles, Prescriptions, and/or anything that can be used to verify your medical condition.
This process is surprisingly simple. In order to apply, you only need the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address (Be sure to verify the email the MMCC sends you AFTER you finish your application)
- Picture/copy of the front AND back of your MD Driver’s License or other photo ID
- Last four digits of SSN
- Photo of yourself (against a plain white wall)…the picture is the number one reason people get denied.
Once you fill out your application and submit, be sure to verify the email the MMCC sends to your email inbox (Must be done in order to submit application completely). After submitting, the waiting process begins….Usually between 4-6 weeks. You can check the MMCC website for updates or call for the status of your application.
After you are approved, the MMCC will send your temporary card to your email address. The physical card will come in the mail within the next couple weeks. After receiving your temporary card, you can contact us for your consultation or provide us with your MMCC number based on your previous certification with the provider (CALL or bring your MMCC ID number) and we can schedule an appointment or activate your account immediately if previously seen and certified.
Please contact us with any questions. We have plenty of MMCC educational information for your own knowledge. We rely on referrals so please spread the word to any interested family or friends.